Great American Clean-Up and Don't Mess with Texas Trash-Off
THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN THIS YEARS GREAT AMERICAN CLEANUP! WE COULD HAVE NOT DONE IT WITHOUT YOU!
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic our city-wide Great American Cleanup and Don't Mess with Texas Trash-off is being conducted on a smaller scale to keep everyone safe and avoid large gatherings. This means you could volunteer to hold a cleanup in your very own neighborhood, park or favorite major streets. (Group limit of 10 people).
The GAC is an annual community effort to banish litter and trash from our parks, schools, streets, and sidewalks. Every year we pull together from across our Valley community and hold a giant service event that packs up and bags literally tons of trash and removes it from our public spaces. This event is a chance to give back to the community you love and to make it cleaner, better looking, healthier, and safer. We're serious! Did you know litter creates crime? And that where there is less litter and trash, people tend to be healthier? This year will also feature 2 contest to bring in the oddest item you picked or the biggest change on before and after pictures. Entries will be judged after the cleanup. The winner will win a very cool prize, plus we will enter photos of the odd item collected in the Keep America Beautiful national contest! For a chance to win nationally!
You can sign for this event individually or as a Home Owners Association (If you conduct a cleanup in your neighborhood).
- Folks that have registered will be able to come for supplies at the KMB Office.
- We will provide trash bags, disposable gloves, and orange vests.
- Location for cleanups will be provided if needed.
- Provide us with the date of your clean-up.
- Report location of the filled trash bags.
- T-shirts will be provided once cleanup is
Here's the info:
- Event: Great American Clean-Up and Don't Mess with Texas Trash-Off 2021
- Dates: April 5 through May 1, 2021
- Location: Your own neighborhood, favorite park or main street.
Together, we are making a difference.